Company Awards & Accreditations
Refcom & FGAS - Member No. 1009145
Refcom works closely with the Environment Agency (who control F Gas Regulation enforcement), by pro-actively checking business compliance. FGAS is a term used to describe fluorinated gases which are man-made and can stay in the atmosphere for centuries and contribute to a global greenhouse effect. There are four types of fluorinated gases: hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), nitrogen trifluoride (NF3), sulfur hexafluoride (SF5) and perfluorocarbons (PFCs).
As of 4 July 2009 it is a legal requirement for all companies who install, maintain or service stationary refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump equipment containing or designed to contain F-Gas refrigerants to obtain an F-Gas Company Certificate. Coolwell is a certified member of Refcom and complies with all legislation relating to FGAS.View Certificate
CHAS stands for the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme which was started in 1997 by a group of procurement and health and safety professionals from across the UK in collaboration with the Association of London Government (ALG). CHAS has two main aims:
- To reduce duplicated safety applications for both suppliers and buyers.
- To improve health and safety standards across Great Britain.
Coolwell is a member of CHAS and we have been assessed on our competency in three key areas:
- Adequately managing health and safety.
- Our ability, experience and resources to carry out our work, including key health and safety measures such as, method statements, risk assessments, reference, examples of previous work, training and other resources.
- Monitoring actual work taking place in a safe manner, in accordance with method statements, liaising with clients and contractors, managing a site effectively and supervision.
- Assessing a buyers competence can often be a time consuming process, CHAS certification aims to reduce this, giving the client peace of mind.
ConstructionLine - Registration No. 85726
BSI (British Standards Institution) developed PAS 91; a standardised pre-qualification questionnaire in an attempt to reduce duplication within the construction industry. Constructionline is a procurement and supply chain management service which collects, assesses and monitors standard company information through a question set aligned to PAS 91.
Buyers of construction services benefit from the peace of mind that Constructionline suppliers, such as Coolwell are assessed to current government standards on an ongoing basis to ensure pre-qualification and any relevant legislation is met. Constructionline aims to streamline procurement and improve the supply chain management process by creating cost efficiencies, reducing risk and helping buyers engage with new suppliers.View Certificate
BESA - Member No. F568300/HV010175
BESA stands for the Building and Engineering Services Association, but has been known by a number of other names since it was established in 1904. BESA guarantee that by using a BESA member such as Coolwell for your project, you can be sure that the following checks have been made:
- Members of the BESA are subject to regular third-party inspection and assessment of their technical competence and commercial capability.
- Members of the BESA are required to perform according to criteria established by a range of industry-recognised specifications and good practice guides.
- BESA members are able to demonstrate that they operate according to fair and reasonable commercial standards.
- Members of the BESA comply fully with the mandatory health and safety requirements contained in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
- BESA members must adhere to robust health and safety policies and procedures, and must promote a positive safety culture throughout their organisation.
- The commercial and financial standing of all BESA members is independently evaluated.
- There is a requirement on BESA members to prove that they have controls in place to ensure that their work complies with all aspects of the Building Regulations.
- Awareness of environmental issues and an ability to manage elements such as waste, pollution, recycling and materials procurement is a requirement on all BESA members.
- BESA members must have in place adequate employers’ and public liability and professional indemnity cover.
Safe Contractor - Certificate No. RB0449
Created initially for a Property Management Company who wished to outsource the vetting of contractors on an approved suppliers list; Safe Contractor (previously known as SupplyLine) has been developed as a mainstream technology-enabled compliance risk management, certification and verification service. Certified as a Safe Contractor, Coolwell has been audited on our health and safety policies, documentation and procedures to ensure suitable compliance and capability. Safe Contractor has audited and will continue to assess our competency, so you don’t have to.View Certificate
Controlled Waste Carrier - Registration No. CBDU48911
Companies who transport, buy, sell or dispose of waste of any kind in the UK have to register as a controlled waste carrier. As a part of the service Coolwell offers to clients we reclaim/recover/transfer and dispose of Gasses and sometimes other equipment. As a responsible company with policies geared towards the Environment, we have registered as a controlled waste carrier and comply with all legislation, such as the Controlled Waste (Registration of Carriers and Seizure of Vehicle) Regulations 1991 and the Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989.
Coolwell are committed to safe transport and disposal of waste product.View Certificate
Avetta (formerly PICS) - Certificate No. 42589
Avetta (formerly PICS auditing) is a leading provider of supply chain risk management solutions worldwide. Amongst other client services and benefits, Avetta’s SaaS subscription software provides risk profiling and operational data to customers on prospective contractors, providing the removal of certain administrative burdens, control over their supply chain and reassurance that their contractor has the competence and compliance to complete their project. As a member of Avetta’s approved network of suppliers, Coolwell has achieved accreditation via supplier prequalification and regulatory compliance validation.View Certificate